So this blog is going to be an outlet for me and the challenges as well as the blessings life brings when raising a child with a special need. So here is the story:
Last week I went to Super Target with the three youngest kids and I saw they had all kinds of berries on sale that looked really good. Well, the kids all love berries Cooper especially he will always say "Mommy, strawberries are my favorite" so I thought I would get some and make a big mix of them. Well, bad idea Mommy. Cooper would NOT eat that mix! "No Mommy I don't like this!" He will eat any of the berries by themselves but to put them together is too outside his norm. So, I just gave him regular plain strawberries and we were all a lot happier!
Then this morning we were getting dressed for school. I grabbed a pair of socks out of his drawer and without thinking I grabbed the white socks with the red bottom *GASP!* the horror!!! Now, the reason this brings drama is that Cooper will only wear white socks. I know this but I have been trying to challenge him on that. I bought some Batman socks, Batman gets a lot of love in this house so I thought this was a good idea.... nope Coop won't wear them. So this morning as he was wretching, crying and pulling his feet under him so I could not put the blasted white and red socks on him I just thought you know not worth it, okay Cooper let's get out some white socks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
thanks merry i miss seeing to kids all the time and i read this and started to cry /c i know cooper has so much fun with uncle erik
ReplyDeleteWow do I know about this. Braden has worn the same pair of shoes in 3 different sizes from Stride Rite and is the only kid at a wedding in Dress Black pants and blue sneakers. He also flipped out in the Mexican restaurant b/c daddy cut his enchilada, or opened his Sprite bottle. You give him the wrong color sippy cup, or juice instead of milk, and it gets thrown at you. We are working on the throwing with frequent trips to the time-out chair. Feel ya honey!!!
ReplyDelete