Friday, March 20, 2009

He pooped!!!

Part of SPD is that kids don't feel the urge to use the potty. They just go without realizing that they needed to go, they just can't tell the sensation. We have tried to potty train Cooper boy oh boy have we tried!!! We started doing what we did with the oldest two kids and it just did not work!

Well, I talked with a friend who has a son with SPD and she was more than helpful giving me ideas and encouragement. Kevin and I talked and we came up with a new game plan! Today I brought Cooper to Target (with only a few incidents!) to get some candy of his choosing (Swedish Fish), some new underpants and some $1 prizes. He gets 1 fish for peeing in the potty and one prize for pooping in the potty. Well, low and behold the kid had to pee at Target! 1 fish... we get home eat some lunch and I suggested he try to poop (I know his schedule!) and he DID IT!!!!! I was so proud of him! He was so excited because man he wanted that painting Curious George thing he picked!! YEAH!!!

I also picked up two boxes of Uncrustables;)

Oh and I just got off the phone with the doctors office and the testing is scheduled for this Wednesday!! She said they had to resubmit because the insurance company did not accept the diagnosis. She said "Dr C gave an honest diagnosis and they said if he changed it to something else they would cover it." I asked what that diagnosis was and she Autism. That does not really mean a whole lot though to us because he did not do any of the testing yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment