Thursday, June 11, 2009

Oh the peppers

We went to the grocery store this morning and when we were there we were in the produce section. Cooper saw some peppers and thought that they looked fun so I told him he could pick one and we would have it for a snack after nap. Well, the choice was hard they had red, orange, yellow and green. First he said he wanted an orange one so I picked one up, then he wanted red so I put the orange back and got a red one, well then he wanted the orange one so I just said "you know what buddy let's get one of each." Phew avoided that melt down right? Nope. About two rows later Cooper started screaming "I WANT GREEN! I WANT GREEN! I WANT GREEN!" He of course now wanted a green pepper. I just told him "no, sorry you chose red and orange we are not getting a green one today maybe we can get one another day."

That makes sense right? He responded to that right? Nope. "I WANT GREEN!!! I WANT GREEN!!! I WANT GREEN!!!" Thank goodness it was time to leave so we went to check out with him screaming his head off. I just paid and we left.

Now this is the annoying part a woman who worked there said, "you are doing a good job Mom I know you want to strangle him!" Um no not really.. then a man in the parking lot said "oh I know YOU have your hands full." Um more than you know thanks. Now, my husband is MUCH nicer than I am when it comes to stupid comments I think because he does not hear them as much. I have learned to just smile and keep walking. What I really want to do is say "that is the stupidest thing I have heard today. Shut your face." That might not be kind though.....

No comments:

Post a Comment