Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I LOVE Melatonin!!!

We had to wait until we got Cooper's stool, urine and blood testing done before we could start him on his supplements. The blood work was fasting and the lab did not open until 11! AGH! He was not a happy kid!! So we got the stool and urine done this weekend and then we went Monday for the blood work. Monday night we gave him the zinc and melatonin mixed in his applesauce with dinner. He actually went to sleep!!! Holy cow! It happened again last night:) We love melatonin in this house!!

We also gave him a drink called Splash, it is made for kids who have GI problems and it is a type of formula but it seems to be more juice like. Cooper sucked it down and I will give him some more later today. He is supposed to have one a day. Because it is a formula for kids with special problems insurance can cover it if the doctor writes a letter for it. It has helped some with the GI issues also. I am really thinking that will help with the potty training too, it makes sense to me that if he does not have to RUSH to the bathroom it will be easier to learn. We are working on that this summer and I am actually going to try to potty train Hunter also so we are home bound starting tomorrow for a while!

Cooper has also started with his enzymes. He takes 2 before every meal and it is supposed to help with his digestion. He will start on probiotics in a week, the enzymes can cause some bad behavior problems as they change the issues in his gut so we are supposed to do the enzymes only for one week and see how he does. Then we add the probiotics and with those we faze them in. We do half a capsule (just dumped into his milk) once a day for a week and then a full capsule. Then once we get the results from the lab work we will be adding more supplements. I need to create a chart for myself I think....

No comments:

Post a Comment