Monday, May 4, 2009

Brushing Program

At Cooper's OT appointment today his OT gave us the brush to start a brushing program for Cooper. We do this every two hours and no less then 1.5 hours before bed. We have done it a few times today so far and it is going well. Cooper doe snot mind it like I thought he would and I did it right before nap and he went right to sleep! He does nap quiker, longer and harder on the days he has OT though so we will see how it works tonight! Like a lot of SPD kids Cooper has a really hard time going to sleep so I am all for anything to make that easier!

We had a good weekend for the most part. He and his older brother have been picking on each other a lot this weekend so I am ready for them to get over that! Othen than that there is not a whole lot going on at the moment. I am still looking into diet information and am waiting on some books that are on their way to me. We took Cooper off all gluten and it was not as much of a pain as I thought it would be, well so far. I am going to talk to the DAN! doctor on Thursday though to see what she thinks the best diet is for Cooper.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I came across your blog while I was "next blogging" and I have son recently diagnosed with SPD as well. We're new to the whole thing and are considering a GF/CF diet for him and today we were asked to consider a brushing program. I'd love to hear your thoughts if you don't mind. You can find me at http://mybabyyouwillbe.blogspot.com/ and my contact info is there. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete