Saturday, May 2, 2009

Tantrums

Cooper MEGA tantrums! I mean like screaming at the top of his lungs like you are killing him tantrums. It is so upsetting when he does this because usually he just starts over something small and then nothing can please him. He will start screaming because he wants to ride in the shopping cart (for example) and then you let him ride in the cart then he is screaming over something else. It ends up that he is just screaming and I don't think HE even knows why. I have been a number of places and just ended up walking through the store with a screaming kid. I HATE it! I hate it for him, I hate it for me and I hate it for everyone else that has to hear him BUT I am not going to live like a hermit either!

One good thing I have realized though is that Cooper is sensitive to artificial coloring. If he eats something with artificial coloring in it he will pitch a holy fit within 30 minutes! Man since I have realized that it has helped!

It is funny because when we go anywhere I bring gummy snacks for the kids because they love them and they help keep them under control. Well that was a trigger for Cooper! Yesterday when we went to Target I gave them all natural fruit bars (mashed fruit held thinned a little with juice) and no tantrum! WONDERFUL!

1 comment:

  1. We've really got to try the diet thing, but what I'm not looking forward to, is that Braden eats primarily starches, breads, and pasta - and chocolate milk is about the only drink he'll take from me. So Gluein and Caseine free = tantrums.

    ReplyDelete