Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Day of school!!








YAHOO!! The first day of school was Monday and it is going GREAT!! Cooper LOOOOOOVES his new school! Each day he asks me "Mommy can I go back to my X______ School tomorrow??" He always calls it "his X_______ school" and I find that super cute! His teacher is really sweet but not in that over the top annoying way. I am a Yankee through and through so I tend to not like the over the top sweet. Kind of gets on my nerves because it seems fake. Anyway, she is from Boston so she is my kind of peeps;)




Cooper has been doing so great! He has had some potty accidents but yesterday and today he was accident free! YEAH! Man that is the best thing about this school if you ask me! They can help special needs kids potty train! He still does not get the poop in the potty thing but you know I finally got the place where I just don't care. Not that I like it mind you but I just roll with it. It is not his fault and he can't help it so I need to be okay with it. Once I got there I did heaps better with it! Once I do better with it he did better with it.




Oh another cute thing is that on meet the teacher day I bought Cooper a new shirt with his school name on it. Now, when I buy Coop new clothing it is hit and miss on weather or not he will wear it. The school mascot made me wonder if he would wear it. Well, he was very excited about his shirt but when I asked him if he wanted to wear it he said no I want to put it in my drawer. Okay, so we got home and he put it in his drawer. Well, he did decide he wanted to wear it that night to sleep in so we did that. Then I had to wash it (he mega pees at night TMI sorry) and he wanted to wear it to school yesterday "because my teacher likes the mascot and I want to show her." Okay cool! So he wore it... then when it was time for bed he threw a fit. I decided it was not worth it so if you want to sleep in your clothes who cares right?? Well, I set out clothes for this morning but NO he pitched a holy fit that he wanted to wear that shirt again. I had to think and I decided you know what who cares if my almost 4 year old wears his shirt two days in a row???? So he did and he was so proud and happy. Who am I to take that away?




So that is the news about school! He loves it and even with all his food allergies and diet he can buy lunch there which is super. The bus is going to start getting him on Monday and that will be so exciting for him also!

Oh the other thing is that we have decided to stop OT for a while. Cooper qualifies for OT services through school which really just means the teacher meets with the OT once a month to come up with a plan for him. The teacher is the one who implements the OT plan. We want to see how he does with this and if he is not progressing like we expect he will we will start OT with a different therapist. I have never been totally thrilled with his therapist honestly and had planned on changing anyway. She just was not super personable and she would ask me questions all the time which sounds okay except it was always the same questions! I was thinking can you not note this in his chart?? Do we really need to have the same conversation every week?? Then to cement my thoughts she called me this week to see what we were going to do about OT (we told her we were cancelling the am apt because school was starting) and she called me Mrs. Cooper. Really lady? I know you have tons of patients but you have seen him for months and you are HOLDING the chart to get my number! For pete's sake I don't think I am asking too much here. So if we need formal OT again we are going to someone else even if at the same place;)

No comments:

Post a Comment